Police arrest 12 men over drag racing in Davao del Sur

Police arrested 12 young men allegedly involved in drag racing of motorcycles in Barangay Mabuhay in Bansalan town, Davao del Sur, Saturday night.

Police were on patrol when they intercepted groups of men drag racing.


Aside from violating Republic Act 4136 or the Land Transportation and Traffic Code, according to police, the suspects also violated minimum health protocols because they were not wearing face masks.

The men also allegedly failed to present the license and document of the motorcycles.

According to police, residents have long complained of drag racing in their area because they can hardly sleep due to the noise of motorcycles.


Last year, the House Committee on Transportation had approved House Bill No. 3391, an act that seeks to prohibit and penalize drag racing activities on all public roads across the Philippines.

Meanwhile, a farmer was found dead in Cauayan City, Isabela, Monday night due to a lightning strike.

The deceased was identified as Romeo Pascua Sr, 50, married, and a resident of Barangay Marabulig 2 in the said city.


During the police investigation, Pascua went to his farm past 4 pm on Monday. But due to the heavy rain, he did not return home immediately until nightfall.

Pascua’s body was found with wounds and burns to his hair, believed to result from a lightning strike.

The victim was taken to the hospital but was declared dead on arrival by the attending doctor.

Police and rebels clashed in Cagayan

Clashes broke out between police and suspected New People’s Army members in Gattaran town, Cagayan, on Monday.

According to Gattaran Police, police officers who are members of the 2nd Provincial Mobile Force Company are going to Sitio Sicalao of Barangay Mabuno to continue constructing a house under the PNP Libre Project Pabahay.

But when the police crossed the river, they were suddenly fired upon by rebels stationed not far away.

The police retaliated until the rescue soldiers from Alpha Company of the 77th Infantry Battalion arrived.

The exchange of fire allegedly lasted for 5 minutes until the rebels finally retreated towards the north direction.

No government troops or residents were reported injured or killed.

Eight rounds of 5.56 mm rifle ammunition used by the rebels were recovered at the scene of the encounter.

They also got a few pairs of slippers and some cooking utensils that could be signs that the rebels were waiting.

Visit our Facebook page for more  updates.