“I left the Philippines for the US last March 13, with the realization that despite all my efforts, Carla had already given up on our marriage,” Tom said in a statement sent by his manager to GMA News, according to the Chika Minute report by Nelson Canlas in 24 Oras this Friday.
“A lot has been said against me but in the end, Carla and I are the only two people who know the truth. I refuse to allow anyone, who only wants to use us and our brokenness, for news,” added Tom. “It was not a perfect relationship, but we both know how much we loved each other.”
Tom’s shortcomings allegedly include being fooled by a man who caused the loss of all his money.
However, he denied that he had harmed his ex-wife.
Tom Rodriguez confirms divorce from Carla Abellana; says ex-wife gave up on their marriage
“I will no longer dwell on the reasons why our marriage fell apart. So many lies have been said of me which are completely untrue and utterly unfair. I may have fallen short as a partner, especially when I lost all my money to someone who preyed on my gullibility, but it must be stressed that at no time did lever lay a hand on Carla,” the actor added.
Tom Rodriguez also said that he has accepted Carla’s decision to separate and that he will stay in the US first.
“I have accepted her decision that it is time to move forward, independent from each other. I have to teach myself how to fall out of love from her. This will be a lonely, painful path that I shall take, but together with my family here in the U.S., I have the strongest support system. I am with people who will never judge and who will only love me unconditionally.”
“Now that the divorce decree is final, I truly wish Carla’s birthday wish be granted and that she finds the happiness she is searching for,” he said.
Tom Rodriguez and Carla Abellana got married in a church in Batangas on October 21, 2021.