According to San Juan City Mayor Francis Zamora, there are currently 37 active cases in the city, but all of them are mild or without symptoms.
It is said that this is not higher compared to the previous weeks when there were 28 to 35 cases.
According to Zamora, there were only two patients at the Kaagapay Isolation Facility in the city.
There are 14 patients at San Juan Medical Center, but only one is a city resident.
In Pateros, 20 currently active cases are all asymptomatic, according to Mayor Miguel Ponce III.
Two of those infected with the virus were admitted to the isolation facility, while none were hospitalized.
Ponce said the public needs to understand why the municipality’s growth rate is said to have increased by 200 percent.
“This is understandable dahil from zero ‘to eh. Wala naman talaga tayong COVID na nang matagal na panahon,” said Ponce.
LGUs clarify low COVID cases despite moderate risk status
“From zero ba naman eh. Natural na… maski nga mag-dalawa lang iyan eh, napakataas ng percentage niyan, ‘di ba? Kaya ganon na lang ang growth rate,” he added.
The DOH said Saturday that San Juan and Pateros, as well as Marikina, Pasig, and Quezon City, are among the five areas in Metro Manila that are at moderate risk after recording a more than 200 percent growth rate or increase in cases.
Meanwhile, Zamora called on the DOH to allow a second booster shot to be given to the general population to strengthen public protection further.
DOH spokesperson Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire said the department is already talking about giving a second booster shot to all immunocompromised frontliners, not just healthcare workers.
The administration of the fourth dose at ages 50 to 59 is also being studied.
“Actually, we started our discussions with our experts last week pa po kung saan iyong iba’t ibang sektor na puwede nating maisama ay pinaga-aralan na po. Tinitingnan na natin ang evidences,” she said.