Lacson says former party asked P800 million from him

It is possible that the party of former Pantaleon Alvarez dropped the candidacy of Sen. due to the lack of P800 million in additional funding.

According to Lacson, he doubts the reason that the results of the pre-election survey pushed Alvarez to move to the camp of the presidential aspirant and Vice President Leni Robredo, who came second in the surveys.

ADVERTISEMENT

The senator further explained that Alvarez’s chief of staff is asking him for an additional P800 million in campaign funds for their local candidates.

But Lacson allegedly clarified to Alvarez’s chief of staff that he could not grant his request for an additional P800 million in campaign funds.

“Time to call a spade a spade. It was actually more about the issue of campaign expenses for their local candidates. His chief of staff was asking for 800 million pesos in additional funding which I honestly told him I cannot produce,” the senator added.

ADVERTISEMENT

Lacson clarified that he does not harbor any resentment towards Alvarez but said it would be better to just keep quiet.

Lacson says former party asked P800 million from him

Lacson had earlier resigned from the on March 24, before Alvarez’s camp announced that it would support Robredo’s presidential bid.

Meanwhile, Vice President Leni Robredo’s camp explained that they do not have P800 million to give to anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

This is the clarification of Atty Barry Gutierrez, who said that they do not have funds to distribute to Robredo’s campaign.

“We don’t have P800M. Vice President Leni Robredo has no funds to “give away to anyone. Our campaign thrives on initiative and volunteerism, and we certainly do not have P800M to give away to anyone. The support for VP Leni’s presidential bid is anchored on the hope that she can reform government and bring a better future for all Filipinos,” Gutierrez added.

In the last  in February, Robredo is in second place (15%) when it comes to presidential candidates, while Lacson is in the far fifth place (2%). The former Sen. Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., son of the ousted president, remains number one in surveys.

Visit our Facebook page for more  updates.