Guard Christian Floralde has already accepted the apology of the SUV driver who plowed into him in a hit-and-run incident in Mandaluyong City on June 5-but, that doesn't mean the suspect has broken the law.
On June 15, Jose Antonio Sanvicente apologized to Florande-who had been hit, even rolled over by a car at a press conference with the Philippine National police in Camp Crame. He said he was scared and confused, so he abandoned the victim.
“Tinatanggap ko ‘yung pag-sorry niya, paghingi niya ng tawad sa akin, sa mga kamag-anak ko, sa pamilya ko. Pero ‘yung kaso, nandon pa rin ‘yung kaso. Tuloy pa rin ‘yung kaso,” Floralde said in an interview with GMA, Monday.
“Paano kung namatay ako, paano ‘yung pamilya ko? Paano kung walang dash cam na video tapos namatay ako? Sino masisi, sino hahabulin? Itutuloy-tuloy namin hanggang sa makamit namin ‘yung hustisya na nararapat po sa akin.”
Sanvicente is still not arrested even though he appeared before PNP officer-in-charge Lt Gen Vicente Danao Jr. because there is no warrant of arrest yet. Because of this, netizens and the public cannot help but say that there is special treatment for the suspect, something that the police also deny.
A few weeks after the incident, the complaint of frustrated murder and abandonment of one's own victim filed against Sanvicente was still in the preliminary investigation stage.
Guard forgives viral SUV driver who ran over him
The next preliminary investigation is set for June 23, when Sanvicente is expected to submit his counter-affidavit.
After that, the complaint can be submitted for resolution. Finally, the court can issue a warrant if prosecutors find probable cause against Sanvicente.
Sanvicente is currently on the Immigration Lookout Bulletin Order. Although this will not prevent his flight just in case, the authorities will be alerted to his attempt to leave the country.
Aside from the physical pain, Floralde still feels the trauma from the incident.
He said his hospital bill reached P83,000, which his agency paid. He said he is still undergoing treatment until now to ease the pain in his body.
On Friday, Federico Biolena, Floralde's lawyer, said that Sanvicente's camp had not yet offered help to his client.
Visit our Facebook page for more news updates.