The two victims of the shooting inside a passenger bus in Nueva Ecija have returned to their homes. According to the police, apart from the conflict between the female victim and her son, they will also look into other possible motives for the crime in the investigation.
In a report by Russel Simorio of GMA Regional TV One North Central Luzon, it was said that the remains of the male victim have been brought to Tarlac. While in Cauayan, Isabela brought the remains of the female victim.
Police had earlier reported that the victims were businessmen and related.
Even though they are separated and have a separation agreement, the ex-husband of the female victim picked up her remains back home in Isabela.
The police consider the son of the female victim, who had a conflict with the mother that ended up in the lawsuit, as a person of interest in the crime.
The female victim filed a carnapping and robbery case against her son, who was released after posting bail.
Business, love triangle possible motive for Nueva Ecija bus shooting
But according to Attorney Mark dela Peña, the son’s lawyer, he explained to his client that part of the police investigation is to find out all the possibilities.
It is said that the mother and son had reconciled even before the crime happened because the case was said to have ended on November 8.
According to Carranglan Nueva Ecija Police Station Chief Police Major Rey Ian Agliam, they will investigate all possible motives of the victims.
“Lahat ng anggulo ay tinitingnan po natin. Yung sa anak, yung sa negosyo, yung sa… puwede rin po kasi yung love triangle,” the official said.
The sister of the victim woman said she last spoke to her brother on November 8, who will attend the hearing of the case.
“Walang ibang kaaway niya kundi itong kaso na lang na ito na hinaharap niya ang alam kong dahilan kung bakit siya pinaslang ng ganito ng walang kalaban-laban,” the victim’s sibling said.
The investigation continues to determine the identity of the two assailants.