Abu Sayyaf terror group claims responsibility for Davao City bombing

abu sayyaf, abu sayyaf group
Abu Sayyaf Group Claims Responsibility for Bombing of City – www.plnmedia.com

The terrorist group Abu Sayyaf has taken responsibility for bombing the City night market on Friday.

So far, the bombing has claimed at least 14 lives and injured 71 others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Government officials said they were informed of a possible attack days before it happened.

Sources are saying that and informants were notified of an impending attack at least three days prior.

Abu Sayyaf spokesman Abu Rami reported they bombed City after the President Duterte told troops to launch an all-out assault on the Islamic State-affiliated group.

ADVERTISEMENT

Duterte has sent reinforcements to Sulu in hopes to wipe out the terrorists, so far no report on how the initial deployment is working out.

This past week, reports from Jolo said that 15 Philippine soldiers were killed in conflicts with the Abu Sayyaf, several other reports said that the group lost as many as 18 fighters in several battles to regain control of jungle hideouts and camps throughout Sulu.