2 holduppers dead in Quezon City encounter

Two holduppers who allegedly robbed a restaurant in Barangay Batasan Hills, City were killed in the encounter, James Agustin reported in Unang Balita on Thursday.

According to police, the two men on the motorcycle did not stop at the checkpoint and instead fired a gun.


According to the restaurant owner, the restaurant just closed around 11 pm on Wednesday when two armed holduppers entered.

Apart from the two, there are also four who served as lookouts outside the restaurant. The suspects stole up to P5,000 from the restaurant’s income.

The victim positively identified the slain holduppers as among those who robbed his restaurant.


The two holduppers who were killed were not identified.

Man who threatens to spread edited pornographic images of sisters arrested

A man was arrested after he threatened the two sisters that he would spread the edited private pictures of the two. The suspect even threatened to kill the parents of the victims.

In a report on GMA News TV “Balitanghali” on Wednesday, one of the victims stated that the suspect first befriended them, until the man sent them obscene material, including their edited photos.


The victims ignored the suspect, so the suspect threatened the siblings.

The suspect also sent a message that the parents of the victims would be killed.

The suspect admitted to what he did to face charges of violating the Anti-Photo and Video Voyeurism Act of 2009, grave threat, and violation of the Prevention Act of 2012.

Grandma, granddaughter dead in Mandaluyong fire

A and her granddaughter died in a fire in Barangay Addition Hills in Mandaluyong city early Thursday morning.

The “Unang Balita” report said the victims were 55, and a 13-year-old granddaughter trapped in a fire on the third floor of the house.

The fire allegedly started on the 3rd Floor past midnight and was extinguished past one o’clock in the morning, according to the fire marshals.

They added that two to three houses were affected by the fire and the cause is still being investigated.

The remains of the victims were allegedly brought to the funeral home.